Guess who! That’s right, the busy little bee who swore up and down that she would make time to blog more often. Well, remembering to blog is a pretty key element in this too, it turns out.
I just wanted to post because I had an excellent day yesterday. That’s it. Really. Why was it so excellent? I’m glad you asked!
And so, here is a list of everything good that happened yesterday:
- I had some particularly excellent tea this morning, was early to school, and my first period teacher brought us donuts just because.
- We had a senior assembly and it was like movie high school complete with booing and chanting students and screaming coaches and it was EXCELLENT. Prime entertainment and surprising class unity.
- In European History we talked about Leo Tolstoy and Anna Karenina for the entire class period. I was the only one who had read it – even my teacher hasn’t, and he’s read everything!
- I ate stir fry and Thai noodles for lunch. This is my Ideal Meal.
- I won the Young Georgia Authors writing contest for my grade at the school! Even better: it was my super feminist essay on Jane Austen’s Fanny Price and feminism that won. I’ll share it tomorrow, so keep an eye out.
- I finished hand-building my mug in ceramics.
- I made excellent progress on the audio book that I am currently listening to. It’s Jojo Moyes’ Me Before You (yes, the one that all the BookTubers won’t shut up about) and it’s already on it’s way to being one of my favorites. I’ve laughed and cried within the span of a single page. I’m in love with the characters. And Lou’s obsession with bumblebees has made me a little obsessed too. I love how happy she gets about the bumblebee tights that Will gives her. But anyway, more on Me Before You later.
- We watched Dead Poets Society in Literature class.
- I was asked to prom by one of my best friends at my car after school. A Star Wars themed poster was involved.
- I didn’t have to work, so I went straight home and watched Grey’s Anatomy. I’m only a single episode away from catching up now!
- My friends and I planned a birthday party for Mr. Wisner, our beloved and snarky Euro teacher. I painted the banner, Emily got the card, Margie got the present…etc.
- The other day I decided that I will be attending college at Georgia Tech in Atlanta! I am so excited and today I received my admission packet in the mail. I (and my mother) announced my plans via social media. ‘m still receiving responses hours later.
Anyway, there is nothing to glean from this post really, other than perhaps some amusement from the gifs and photographs. Yesterday was just one of those days where, even when bad things happen, they are immediately forgotten and replaced by the oh-so-precious good. So I thought I would document and remember it.